At Franklin we have a Defence School Transition Aide Program. Sharon Landy is our Defence School Transition Aide (DSTA). Sharon provides support for children of the Australian Defence Force (ADF) currently enrolled at Franklin.
What is the Defence School Transition Aide Program?
The DSTA program provides support for children of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members and their families, particularly during their transition into and out of a school on a posting or during parental absences (deployment, exercises or courses).
What does a DSTA do?
A DSTA provides assistance to ADF children and their families. This may include:
- Assisting ADF parents and children to become familiar with the school and its facilities
- Coordinating appropriate welcoming and farewelling activities for ADF children involving school community
- Supporting children at school during times of parent absence from home for service requirements
- Monitoring ADF children's personal issues such as friendship, peer groups and classroom difficulties
- Contributing items of interest to the school newsletter
- Providing opportunities for ADF families within the school community
- Maintaining contact with ADF families who are enrolled in the school